Sunday 14 December 2008

Oh What A Beautiful Morning...

In West Lancashire!

There aren't many advantages to having to get up at 07:30 on a Sunday morning to take one's eldest daughter to work... but seeing how beautiful the world can be at this time of day is certainly a big one!This morning at -1 degrees and with a thick fog over Burscough I took Sarah to Southport for her pre-Christmas extended working day. I thought that the fog may look nice over the coast and that as the tide was in yesterday... I could expect it to be less barren than usual. I wasn't disappointed. With the moon still in the sky to my right as I looked out to the pier and the sun just creeping over my left shoulder from behind.

The Marine Lake in Southport looked golden and the birds were in full chorus as the sun started to burn away at the early morning mist.

Up at Marshside on the way home the sight was so peaceful, the mist slightly thickening again as I headed away from the coast and back towards Burscough.

Not a bad start to a Sunday after all!

No comments: